Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fall Risk

When I was admitted into the hospital last Sunday morning, I was given a bracelet which read:


It seemed so surreal to me to have this placed on me.  I am a 33yr old, healthy, well... I was a healthy young woman.  Or so I thought.  Now I was being told I was a "fall risk".  "I'm not old," I told myself.  How ridiculous to have this label.  The more I stared at my new bracelet the more I thought about these two tiny words.  They told the world that I wasn't stable.  I needed assistance.  I am used to helping others but not needing it myself.  It was so humbling.

How many of us are walking around, trying to do everything on our own when in reality, we are a "fall risk"?  We need a Savior to catch us when we fall, not if.  I pray today that each of us sees our constant need for the One who Saves.   

Psalm 55:16 I shall call upon God, And the LORD will save me.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I love hearing your heart. Love you and praying.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete