Saturday, November 6, 2010

Orphans are Gifts from God

James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

I know this won't be news to most of you but our God is amazing! He has a perfect timing for everything. Nothing is given to us too soon or too late. So "what" you might ask has God given me? A heart for the orphans. I feel like God woke my husband and myself out of a deep sleep. We both felt completely oblivious to our Christian duty to be involved in some capacity with orphan/widow care. James 1:27 isn't the only verse where God places the responsibilities connected to orphan/widow care on the church.
He is clear,
Get involved.
Do something.
We are all given different gifts. Use your gifts to serve. Not all of us are called to adopt a child but we can support others who do adopt or foster a child.

Please pray about what God would have you do and then do it!

An opportunity to find out more information is coming up in the Triad. Westover Church is hosting a workshop on Saturday, November 20th called
If You were Mine .

Matthew 25:35-36 ...I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment