Friday, September 3, 2010

God makes me smile!

The other morning I was rushing to get my kids and myself ready so we could meet a friend by 9:30am. After a lot of reminders to the little ones about eating, dressing and grooming, we were out the door and in the car. I was thankful to be on time because let me tell you, I have a hard time getting three kids and myself anywhere in the morning. As I backed out of my driveway I heard a strange noise but just attributed it to the clutter that is my "swagger wagon". I drove on and turned onto the next street and heard the sound again. It was at this point that I realized I didn't have my coffee cup in the cup holder! A light bulb went on in my mind and I was able to deduce the source of the sound. Yes, I had forgotten my coffee cup, ON the roof of the van. I slowed to a stop and stepped out of the van expecting to see my coffee all over the roof. To my surprise, my coffee cup was still in the same spot and all my coffee was still in the cup! I had to smile and tell God thank you for giving me something fun at the beginning of my day. He enjoys us and wants us to enjoy Him. He is in everything, even the small things like "the miracle of the unspilled coffee left on the rooftop after driving almost a mile and turning twice". What has He done for you that has made you smile?

1 comment:

  1. so fun. :) I bet the coffee tasted even better than it would have.

    ReplyDelete