Tuesday, August 24, 2010

God's Word

I love how God's Word holds a special word for each person. His words are alive and you can sense that when you read them. I read this tonight and was overjoyed by what God said to me:

Psalm 118:28-29
You are my God, and I will give you thanks;
you are my God, and I will exalt you.
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever.

He is MY God. I can have a personal relationship with the God of the universe! How cool is that! I can praise Him and lift up His name because He is good and He loves me. He doesn't love me because I can bake cookies or because I homeschool my kids or because I drive a minivan but because HE is good and HIS love endures forever.
What verse or verses have you read lately where God has spoken to you?

Thank you, Lord for making the Bible to speak to your people.

For His glory!

1 comment:

  1. That is very cool. God's word is alive & will not leave us unchanged! I was reading in the psalms this morning too...psalm 144 spoke, "Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle." (v. 1). Both for me & for my boys I am comforted that God is our commander in this 'army' where we constantly have to be on guard against the enemy and the trappings of this world...

    ReplyDelete